2009年2月24日 星期二

Continue talking Marc Jacobs Fall 2009.




The shoes were punky and fun; think urban edgy wrapped up in a pretty bow.

I am trying to be cool about attending the Marc Jacobs show in the internet but OMG-- I was at Marc Jacobs! MJ showed an ambitious 60 looks on 60 models in a somber and sparse set up. Eschewing the typical runway with multiple rows of seats on each side-- there were 7 single rows instead that created 4 walkways; which meant everyone was front row! Each model had a different hair style and distinct make up. Not only did I love the neon bright coats and dresses, I was obsessed over the sparkling tights and leggings! The '80s are back in full force with Grace Jones shoulder pads and Pat Benator eyeshadow. Though a bit overstylized, it made for a fabulous show! It was clear, however, that the separates will hold up long after the stiffly sprayed hair falls. I grew up in the 80's and seeing this collection excited me to no end.
As for the bags, MJ kept it simple and basic with more renditions of "Marc does Chanel" than we've ever seen.

沒有留言:

張貼留言